[OSM-newbies] Road Maximum speed in UK units

Thomas König post at tikey.de
Thu May 7 10:11:39 BST 2009

1) Only for clarification: hour is NOT an SI-unit. So when measuring in
km/h we can't complain about the ridiculous unit system in the US/UK.

2) I think it shouldn't be too hard for a computer to convert units!
(Regardless of the fact if someone uses kph, kmh, k.p.h. or whatever
abreviation.) Isn't that what computers are made for - calculations?
Regarding the loss of accuracy: As speed limits are always integers (and
I guess all over the world they should be divisible by 5) the computer
(renderer) should be able to perform the conversion without loss of
accuracy!