[OSM-newbies] R: Splitting a long road

Fabrizio Carrai fabrizio.carrai at gmail.com
Fri May 8 21:20:16 BST 2009

Good choice!
Enjoy!
F.
  -----Messaggio originale-----
  Da: newbies-bounces at openstreetmap.org
[mailto:newbies-bounces at openstreetmap.org]Per conto di Doug Kim
  Inviato: venerdì 8 maggio 2009 22.01
  A: newbies at openstreetmap.org
  Oggetto: Re: [OSM-newbies] Splitting a long road

  Thank you, Peter & Fabrizio. I was only using the online editor in the
browser. I've just downloaded JOSM and it is much much better.

  Thanks!
  Doug
  --
  Doug Kim | Sr. Producer | Tuft+Co.
  www.tuftandco.com

  On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 3:47 PM, Peter Herison <pherison at web.de> wrote:

    Doug Kim schrieb:

    >My question is: for a long way or road that I want to split from into
two
    >parts (residential and service), is there any way to split the road?

    Yes, but the method depends on your editor:
    JOSM: Mark way, mark node and press "P" for sPlit
    Potlath: Mark node and press "X"*

    *If the node is an intersection node for more than 1 way, first
    highlight the way you want to split, then highlight the node and press
    "X"