[OSM-newbies] Cycleway questions

Arlindo Pereira nighto at nighto.net
Fri May 22 01:35:50 BST 2009

Hi,

I'm mapping Rio de Janeiro's cycleways [1]. Here, there are two types
of cycleways:

1. "ciclovia - faixa compartilhada" (shared lane cycleway), which are
a normal sidewalk painted in red, so we can ride bycicles on it and
people can walk normally because it's still a sidewalk and they have
preference. Therefore, I tagged highway=cycleway and foot=yes. Should
it be highway=footway and bycicle=yes?), and;

2. "ciclovia" (cycleway), where people cannot walk, but can run
(jogging) on the right side.

So, should I stay with foot=no for those, tag foot=yes (doesn't care
if people are running, they're still running on foot) or create a new
tag foot=running?

Thanks,
Nighto

1: http://opencyclemap.org/?zoom=12&lat=-22.9537&lon=-43.20631&layers=B000

--
Arlindo Saraiva Pereira Jr.

Bacharelando em Sistemas de Informação - UNIRIO - uniriotec.br
Consultor de Software Livre da UNIRIOTEC Consultoria - uniriotec.com

Acadêmico: arlindo.pereira at uniriotec.br
Profissional: arlindo.pereira at uniriotec.com
Geral: contato at arlindopereira.com
Tel.: +5521 92504072