[OSM-newbies] source = website?

Mike Sherman mike.sherman at earthlink.net
Thu May 28 22:24:34 BST 2009

Hello,
I would like to see campgrounds on the map in the US and Canada.  But this question could apply to locating anything with a web page.

Is it proper to use locations derived from the business web page to locate them on the map?
And tag the data "source = http://website.com"

In order of increasing suspicion:
 - They give their Latitude and Longitude.
 - They created a graphic map we match it to yahoo satellite images.
 - They show their location on a google, yahoo, etc map.
 - The include photo of their business and we find the exact location with google street view.

Thanks,
-Mike - mapping NE Ohio, USA