[OSM-newbies] R: R: Building that bridges a road

Ed Loach ed at loach.me.uk
Fri May 29 10:01:41 BST 2009

> You are right, I corrected it bringing back the map to the
> reality.
>
> The problem is in Livorno at
> http://www.informationfreeway.org/?lat=43.55532638315639&lon=10
> .365535798231
> 136&zoom=12&layers=B0000F000F
>
> "Piazza della Repubblica" is indeed a big bridge over the
> "Fosso Reale"
> canal.
> Just for completeness the square is at the same level of other
> streets. The
> canals are at the same level of the sea.
> It is very similar to Venice (indeed the canals were built by
> the
> venetians).

You have an area in the area defined by the tertiary road tagged as
area=yes, name=<name>
Would perhaps adding highway=pedestrian (or perhaps remove the
area=yes and use a landuse tag?) help the renderers know how to
render the area?

Map Features suggests that area=yes is to indicate that a feature
that is normally a way is in fact an area, but you haven't actually
used any way tags.

Ed