[OSM-newbies] pedestrian or footway?

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Sun Nov 8 22:24:04 GMT 2009

El Domingo, 8 de Noviembre de 2009, Charlotte Wolter escribió:
>          I was busily converting these from "residential street" to
> "pedestrian," when I came across work by someone else who was using
> "footway." Which do you think is correct?

Welcome to the tagging wars.

IMHO, it's a pedestrian highway if it *was* a street in which cars passed, or
it's paved and wide and flat enough for emergency vehicles to go through.

--

http://ivan.sanchezortega.es
Proudly running Debian Linux with 2.6.30-1-amd64 kernel, KDE 3.5.10, and PHP
5.2.11-1 generating this signature.
Uptime: 23:14:45 up 14 days,  6:39,  4 users,  load average: 0.90, 0.84, 0.82