[OSM-newbies] Stroller restrictions

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Tue Nov 10 22:36:24 GMT 2009

Johannes Hüsing wrote:

> Isaac Wingfield schrieb:
>> There was a sign
>> at the end saying "NO Bicycles. NO Skateboards, ..." basically
>> forbidding everything that has wheels.
>>

> including strollers?

I have to wonder if there's a tag for strollers.  For example, the
TriMet mass transit system is effectively foot=designated,
bicycle=destination, stroller=no systemwide, enforced with fines (as
strollers are, by design, not used by fare-paying passengers (kids are
the future, but today belongs to me), and take away badly needed space
from bicycle and wheelchair access (required by the ADA: Bicycles are a
common mobility device for people who have good balance but difficulty
walking more than a hundred feet or so, as powerchairs tend to short out
and manual chairs turn you into a wet, greasy mess most of the year in
our weather; and able-bodied bicycle commuters take cars off our
crowded streets.  This also makes me wonder how to tag a bike rack that
is reserved exclusively for handicapped users).