[OSM-newbies] Public access Defibrillator sites

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 16:01:09 GMT 2009

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 1:59 PM, John Whelan <jwhelan0112 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Should they be tagged and how do you tag them?
>
> http://www.ottawa.ca/residents/ambulance/community_medicine/pad/sites_en.html

See the proposal at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/automated_external_defibrillator

Feel free to use any tagging in the meantime, and you can convert the
tag later if a different standard is agreed.

> Further to this are there some tags that need to be "locked" in some way to
> ensure data quality?

That's quite a contentious proposal - there's certainly no consensus
on things like that. I'd say it's not really suitable for discussion
on the newbies mailing list, so if you're interested then the main
talk-list would be more suitable.

Cheers,
Andy