[OSM-newbies] Rendering OSM without Adobe Flash

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 14:18:22 GMT 2009

I do have a background in computer security at corporate level.  The
risk to the end user is they have no control over the web site but
they do have control over their machines and I think I'm right in
saying if Flash is not installed on the machine then there is no
security risk so I disagree with your statement "none are the Flash
Player itself.".  In technical terms not having Flash installed
reduces the attack surface.

The question was asked merely to see if there were alternatives
available for those who chose not to have Adobe Flash installed and
I'm very glad to see there are and to me that is the end of the
conversation.

Many thanks for your input.

Cheerio John