[OSM-newbies] OpenMoonMap? / OpenUniverseMap?

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Thu Nov 19 16:49:35 GMT 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 11:42 AM, Xan <dxpublica at telefonica.net> wrote:
> Is there any plans to expand openstreetmap to map the universe: the
> solar planets, the constellation, the Moon, etc.? We could have _really_
> free raw information (only see and official aggencies).

The Foundation has recommended that we don't proceed with
OpenUniverseMap.org because of the problem with the Martians.
Martians have much faster internet connection than we do and their
demands for full 4-D rendering and smell maps would swamp out
available bandwidth from UCL.  And then where would the cyclemap be?
Cast upon the island of unloved maps.  And nobody wants that.

So think of the humans.  And keep the Martians out of OpenStreetMap.

Or, it could be that OpenMoonMap and others would be open for anybody
with that specific interest to start.  ;-)