[OSM-newbies] Typo: how to fix it: all the area is parking

Xan dxpublica at telefonica.net
Sat Nov 21 19:59:46 GMT 2009

Thanks Ævar and André

Yes, it's not marked like parking else like a sport_center.

Perhaps I really have not to mark whole area as sports center. Really
this area is municipality public area with lots of services: soccer
stadium, tennis courts (which you could rent), etc.

Is there any tag better than sports_center?

> The problem is that you've created parking areas inside the
> leisure=sports_centre area. Aside from whether it's a good idea to tag
> *all* that area as a sports centre and not just the areas that people
> actually play sports on (which presumably isn't on the parking lot)
> here's how you fix it:
>
> 1. Download the multipoly plugin
> 2. Restart JOSM
> 3. Download and select everything in that area
> 4. Search for: selected type:way leisure=sports_centre | amenity=parking
> 5. Tools -> Create multipolygon

Can you clarify me the step 4, please?
What I have to select? The whole area?

> Now you've created a multipolygon which conveys that you'd like the
> sports centre to have holes where parking lots are. For further info
> see here:
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relation:multipolygon
>
> You could also just add layer=1 to the parking lots, but that's lazy,
> somewhat likely to break and doesn't correctly markup the data (the
> parking lot isn't a sports centre).

Well, really the parkings are not full in general. And people practice
sport (running or bycing) frequently. But I imagine that osm could not
reflect that ;-)

Xan.