[OSM-newbies] Secondary destination? (was: Re: School Campus)

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 07:26:10 GMT 2009

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 6:52 AM, Paul Johnson <baloo at ursamundi.org> wrote:
> Karl wrote:

> One example of a campus that's mapped in a fair amount of detail (albeit
> a college):
>
> http://osm.org/go/TdXV4A5_c-?layers=0B00FTF

Looking at that outtake, I am bewildered at what I see on the west
side: the road is tagged highway=secondary and access=destination.
"highway=secondary" to me means "intended for through traffic",
"access=destination" "not allowed for through traffic", so the two
seem to be in direct contradiction of each other. Anyone care to
explain?

André Engels, andreengels at gmail.com