[OSM-newbies] "Repeat" function, in JOSM?

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 04:34:27 GMT 2009

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 2:42 PM, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason
<avarab at gmail.com> wrote:
> Copy the object you want to copy from with Ctrl+C and then do
> Ctrl+Shift+V to paste its properties onto another object.
>
> But usually you want to tag more than one object and in those cases
> it's usually easier to use the search engine. For example if you've
> just drawn 10 residential ways and neglected to give them any tags yet
> you can search for (with Ctrl+F):
>
>    modified untagged type:way
>
> Then set highway=residential on all of them (or Ctrl+Shift+V if you
> have something appropriate in your clipboard).

Ah, thank you. The search function looks cool. Of course, now that I
see it, I want more: where's the "find objects created by user" (as
opposed to modified). I seem to have touched almost every object in my
neighbourhood, but I sure didn't create them all.

Steve