[OSM-newbies] Road below a building

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 15:54:03 GMT 2009

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 3:17 PM, Arlindo Pereira <nighto at nighto.net> wrote:
> we should not tag for the renderer

I'm not talking about rendering but modeling. A covered road with a
limited height is a kind of tunnel. Or how do you tag a road covered
by a simple roof ? Many people do that. When a stream or a river goes
under ground through maybe a pipeline, I also tag it with "tunnel".
When a road goes below a bridge which is larger than longer, I also
tag the road as a "tunnel". If a road goes along a mountain which is
partially dug (one side and roof is the mountain, other side is open)
I also tag it as a "tunnel".
Pieren