[OSM-newbies] Exporting scaled images

Firmin,Mark [Ontario] Mark.Firmin at ec.gc.ca
Thu Apr 1 11:17:30 BST 2010

I do work for EC, as a meteorologist and I've been busy all night
turning up the heat.  It should be a fantastic next few days over
Southern Ontario, with highs in the low 20's, and a cold front to move
through on Saturday evening.

I've tried to use nik2img, but I'm having similar problems when trying
to make the bounding box the exact edge of the image.  I am trying to
create Georeferenced tiff's for some Radar overlay's and I can't get the
image scale correct.  All of my images are offset when I convert them to
tiff's and add the georefference tags.  The images I've created are
often a subset of the bounding box I have defined.  I think ideally, the
projection I should be using is UTM, but it seems to be the most
difficult.

I read your website about making your first map a few weeks back and it
helped me quite a bit.