[OSM-newbies] Car park barrier

Molescott waywalker at btinternet.com
Fri Apr 9 08:15:06 BST 2010

>How do I map a large municipal parking area which is divided in two, one
half for pay & display and the other for a lorry park?

>The division is a barrier made up of a single unbroken line of paving slabs
at normal pavement height above the asphalt, going from a shrubbery on the
left, across the width of >the area until it meets a hedge on the right. If
I made this a footpath, which it both is and isn't, it won't join the rest
of the map and will be a floating island?

>People from the car park walk up to the slabs, walk over and across them,
and then walk on the lorry park towards town.

>The closest I can think of is a wall, albeit at only 4" high but this does
seem odd, am I on the right track?

>Barrier=block looks close, but presumes larger blocks.
>http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:barrier%3Dblock

>How about two separate parking areas?

Richard,

Thank you for your suggestion. -
I had already mapped the area as separate lots, I was just looking for a way
of showing  anybody looking at Mapnik that it wasn't one huge car park.

Regards,  Pete