[OSM-newbies] motorway _link and _junction tagging

Phil! Gold phil_g at pobox.com
Thu Apr 22 18:02:55 BST 2010

* Phil! Gold <phil_g at pobox.com> [2010-04-22 08:07 -0400]:
> What about tagging similarly to the signage?  The common portion would
> be tagged, to take an example near me using your system, "name=I-695
> onramp", while the split would be "name=I-695 North / Towson onramp" and
> "name=I-695 South / Glen Burnie onramp".

These suggestions prompted a discussion on IRC where it was pointed out
that this is kind of an abuse of the name tag, since highway ramps
technically don't usually have names.  (What we're discussing are
descriptions.)  A couple people suggested using the destination_sign
relation for my purposes, and I think it has the potential to work well,
but I've sent an email to the talk list to continue the discussion.
Please reply there rather than here.

--- --
The router thinks it's a printer.
                       -- BOFH excuse #118