[OSM-newbies] Problems loading Nearmap after JOSM upgrade

Kevin & Ruth Sheather mobilesheathers at bigpond.com
Mon Apr 26 00:42:11 BST 2010

Message: 4

Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 05:21:21 -0400

From: Richard Weait <richard at weait.com>

Subject: Re: [OSM-newbies] Problems loading Nearmap after JOSM upgrade

To: newbies at openstreetmap.org

      <n2va768be481004250221h1b04efe9z6f1ee306a45301d0 at mail.gmail.com>

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 7:30 AM, Kevin & Ruth Sheather
<mobilesheathers at bigpond.com> wrote:

>> I had been using Potlatch but at the Brisbane Mapping Party last

>> weekend I was shown how to set up and use JOSM and had been working on

>> some of the areas north of Brisbane where new Yahoo scans had recently

>> been released. I noticed that there was a new version of JOSM so I

>> upgraded. Now it?s all gone pear shaped.

>> For the newly released Nearmap areas my attempts to download produce a

>> grey background with a repeated apology that the maps are not

>> available. Also, before upgrade, the Nearmap scan would automatically

>> appear. Now I have to click the WMR menu and select Yahoo for anything

>> to happen. I can still get the scan in the areas nearer to Brisbane but
not the newly released areas.

>I'm not sure that I understand the problem that you are describing.

>Do you mean to say that Yahoo images load normally, but nearmap images do
not?  That sounds like a configuration problem, or problem with nearmap.
Have >you configured a wms address for nearmap?

>After updating josm you should update the josm plugins as well.  This is
automatic iirc.  I would expect your old nearmap wms link to have been
>automatically upgraded with the josm / plugin upgrade.  Did something
change there?

>If you have found a new bug, the josm bug reporting system is called trac
and you can find it here.  http://josm.openstreetmap.de

When I upgraded JOSM I was given the option to load plugins which I did. I
think I am getting Yahoo satellite scans but not Nearmap. When I open the
WMS tab the options I get are Land Sat, Yahoo Sat, Rectified Image and Blank
Layer. I have a feeling that I have to do something else to configure
Nearmap but I can't find where I do it. I have searched the Wiki and found
some plugins for Nearmap but they don't work. The two slippy map options
both give me a message that says "more OSM coming soon" and the WMS option
gives me a message that says "Error".

This may all add up to a bug. There is no Nearmap or Slippy Map options on
my Edit/Options menu but I am not sufficiently experiences in OSM or JOSM to
know if this all adds up to a bug. Hence my appeal to Newbies.

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin & Ruth Sheather

Phone 07 3491 7299