[OSM-newbies] problem with the zoom view on openstreetmap

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Thu Apr 29 16:24:43 BST 2010

El día Thursday 29 April 2010 16:58:31, SteveC dijo:
> > I have add a new street on OSM, i can see it when the zoom is small,
> > when i want to see more greater, the street is not displayed.
> >
> > I make a very big zoom, i see the street again.
> >
> > The intermediary position of zoom are not displayed, why ?

Hi, Jean Paul,

Rendering the streets (turning raw OSM data into images you can pan and zoom)
needs quite a lot of computing power.

In order for your data to show up at all zoom levels, you just have to be
patient. (Or donate lots of money to the OSM Foundation so we can set up a
bigger rendering farm :-P )

I do miss the good ol' times (2007), when we all waited for wednesday night
for our data to show up....

Cheers,

Un ordenador no es una televisión ni un microondas: es una herramienta
compleja.