[OSM-newbies] Unable to update PostgreSQL database with changesets

Poul Møller Hansen freebsd at pbnet.dk
Tue Aug 10 22:19:19 BST 2010

> The file changesets-100526.osm.bz2 is all the metadata about
> changesets up to that point - when the changeset was opened, who
> created it and suchlike. It doesn't contain any geographical data.
>
> You want a diff file (either an interval diff, or preferably
> replication diffs). Have a look at
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Minutely_Mapnik and the osmosis
> documentation for handling replication diffs.

Thanks, that explains.
Are there no geographical data in the changesets at all, or is it just
this one ?

I had a look earlier on minutely mapnik, but didn't understand how to
find the correct state.txt for my planet version.
But now I finally got it, just starting with the earliest from may 12.

Cheers,
Poul