[OSM-newbies] Adding a cul-de-sac to an existing street

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Fri Aug 20 18:40:36 BST 2010

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 1:15 PM, Isaac Wingfield <isw at witzend.com> wrote:

> I did that. The two ways are still separate (they do not highlight at the
> same time when one is selected, as I expect they should). Will they "become
> one" at some future time when the server figures it out?

They will remain separate and independently selectable.  So what you
see now is the expected behaviour.

> Also, the roundabout I added at the end has a pulsating circle around it
> when I select it in edit mode; what's that?

Ah, the turning circle.  The pulsing circle warns you that there is a
duplicate node at that location.  Ideally the turning circle tag
should be applied to the end node of the way, not as a separate node
that is in the same place as the end node.  You can use the j (join)
command to join the selected turning circle node to the way that is
"beneath" it, and then the pulsing should stop.