[OSM-newbies] Installation & Configuration of OSM and Nominatim

Jose Cid doncid at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 17:32:32 BST 2010

  Hello All,

I have just downloaded the Rails Port of the OSM server. After several
configuration and build issues I was able to get it done and running on
my local machine. Next, I tried populating the database using Osmosis
version 0.36. I downloaded the following osm file, florida.osm.bz2,
attempted the load and received the following exception:
"current_way_nodes" violates foreign key constraint
"current_way_nodes_node_id_fkey" -- not sure what steps to take next any
help is appreciated.

Another question I have is the following:
I would like to use the Rails port (OSM) server in a closed network (ie.
no access to internet etc).  The only maps/data I would like to have in
the database is of the USA -- later adding other countries. Upon
installing the OSM server and configuring the database, I noticed that
attempting a search will cause a request to go out to an external server
(Nominatim and GeoNames -- among others). These URLs are hard-coded in
the code. What would I need to do to run the server in a self contained
closed network?