[OSM-newbies] What's the easiest method to "snap" an area boundary to adjacent ways?

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Tue Aug 31 10:03:45 BST 2010

  On 30/08/2010 22:19, Russell Harrison wrote:
> I see your point about road center lines. What about river center
> lines?  I was under the impression that many administrative boundaries
> do correspond exactly.

Hi Russell

These wiki pages may help clarify:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/River

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:waterway%3Driverbank

If the river is just a centre line i would attach the boundary to it.
Some renderers (such as mapnik) make use of the width=* tag to give
width to a line.

If the riverbank is drawn, there should still be a centre line to
indicate the flow direction, so you can still attach the boundary to it.

Hope that helps

Dave F.