[OSM-newbies] How to see the comment tag in history

Craig Wallace craigw84 at fastmail.fm
Tue Dec 7 13:27:22 GMT 2010

On 07/12/2010 11:41, Xan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any possibility of showing the comment tag user submit in the
> history of one node/highway?. It's interesting, I think, to show the
> comment of the whole change.

The changeset comments do show when you view the history of an object on
the "Browse" thing on the website.

Example for a random way:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/39364978/history
Each version shows the comment for that changeset. Except for the first
couple of versions, but that's presumably because the user didn't add a
comment on those changesets.

Or do you mean viewing the history somewhere else? Where? In an editor?

Craig