[OSM-newbies] osm2pgsql import error

Will Wilson wilson.william at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 15:00:58 GMT 2010

Hi All,

Trying to load OSM data for the USA into PostGres 9.0 with PostGIS.
Downloaded the .pbf extracts for the different US regions from Geofabrik,
combined them with Osmosis, and wrote the result to uncompressed XML.

Now, osm2pgsql fails with the following error:

Processing: Node(62940k) Way(0k) Relation(0k)pgsql_nodes_set - bad result
during COPY, data 114176303   415528523       -914342252      \N

Command was:

 osm2pgsql -S ../osm2pgsql/default.style --slim -d gis -C 2048
~/OSM/workdir/USA.osm

Machine has tons of memory, and running htop during the most recent attempt,
I didn't get anywhere near close to maxing out.

Do you think this might have something to do with the merging of the
different extracts corrupting the data somehow? I've searched around for the
answer, and found this thread, but it hasn't helped:

http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@openstreetmap.org/msg11280.html

Thanks,
Will