[OSM-newbies] How to block a user for editing

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Mon Dec 13 16:56:59 GMT 2010

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 11:11 AM, Xan <dxpublica at telefonica.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Perhaps it's not the best place for asking it. Today I found a user
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/sergiclar that simply invents highways for
> funning and the changeset comment he/she do is "a joke, please delete it".
>
> I'm sending a message now for delete this edits, but if he/she don't do
> that, should we block that?
> How to do that?
>
> See the edits of this users and see the comments (spanish)

These situations are almost always because a new user didn't realise
they were working with a real database.  Inform the user kindly, ask
them if they need help fixing the errors, and point them towards the
community mailing lists.  have a look at the vandalism page for more
details.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Vandalism