[OSM-newbies] Street with different direction on different sections

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Fri Dec 17 13:30:57 GMT 2010

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 8:13 AM, Diego Woitasen <diego at woitasen.com.ar> wrote:
> Hi,
>  I'm updating information of my neighborhood (Lanús, Buenos Aires,
> Argentina). We have several streets that changes the direction on
> different parts. For example, the street Castro Barros has 12 blocks
> with direction WEST-EAST and one block with direction EAST-WEST. Is it
> possible to draw one street with this or I have to draw both and
> connect them?

You must draw these as two different ways.   Both will be name=Castro
Barros, both will be oneway=yes, but each will be drawn from start to
finish, in the direction of oneway travel.

You may draw the ways in whatever direction is convenient, then reverse them.

In Potlatch, reverse the direction of a way with the reverse direction
arrow icon at the lower left.

in Potlatch2, reverse the direction of a way with the "v" key or the
reverse direction icon in the floating toolbar.

In JOSM, reverse the direction of a way with the "r" key or >> Tools
>> Reverse way

You might find that the simplest approach is to draw the way, add
highway=*, name=*, oneway=yes, then split the way, then reverse the
appropriate portion of the way.