[OSM-newbies] osm vs osm

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Thu Jul 1 00:42:04 BST 2010

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 7:24 PM, SteveC <steve at asklater.com> wrote:
> Ostreetm afaik
>
> Steve
>
> stevecoast.com
>
> On Jun 30, 2010, at 3:51 PM, "B. Batterson-Rossi" <bbattersonrossi at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Steve....
>>
>> I'm brand new to openstreetmap and haven't uploaded anything yet...I've marked waypoints, from a boat, and wonder if those would be accepted on OStreetM....or if only on openseamap.....if the latter....are instructions for uploading only in German?

Hi Barbara,

Welcome to OpenStreetMap.  Steve has forwarded your question to this
mailing list for newcomers to OpenStreetMap.  You can join the list
here:

The waypoints that you have collected might be suitable for
OpenStreetMap.  Can you describe what the waypoints are?  We aim to
collect information for OpenStreetMap that is verifiable, substantial
and durable[1].  So if your waypoint is a permanent marker of some
type, then OpenSeaMap will be happy to have it.

You would contribute that harbor bouy to OpenStreetMap, and OpenSeaMap
would make pictures of that data so that you could see it.  For more
details on OpenSeaMap have a look here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Openseamap

Feel free to join this list and ask more questions.

[1] There are exceptions, like political boundaries, which while often
unmarked are very reassuring to see on a map.