[OSM-newbies] Data source

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Wed Jul 28 14:29:51 BST 2010

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 9:20 AM, Maitham <albakry77 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi
> Does anybody know how can I get the source of OSM data? e.g. if it is
> captured by GPS or traced from satellite images

Dear maythm Al bakri,

Data in OSM will include material referenced from personal surveys,
perhaps including GPS, traced from satellite and other aerial imagery,
from dead reckoning or personal knowledge and from imports from other
sources.  The source of any specific sub-set of OSM data may still
include multiple sources through the history of that data sub-set.

The source of any specific object might include a source= tag, to give
you a hint of the source, but that tag is not mandatory or may be out
of date.

Best regards,
Richard