[OSM-newbies] Data source

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 14:43:13 BST 2010

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 3:20 PM, Maitham <albakry77 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi
> Does anybody know how can I get the source of OSM data? e.g. if it is
> captured by GPS or traced from satellite images

Sometimes people add a source=... tag. In other cases you can find
when it was added, and look at that edit. Sometimes a comment is added
with the edit to show what it is based on.

In Potlatch, to see the edit, select the way or point you are
interested in and click on 'H'. You will get a list of all edits to
the object you're interested in. Take the first one of these, or the
one that changed the thing you are interested in, and click on 'More'.

André Engels, andreengels at gmail.com