[OSM-newbies] Cheap GPS device

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 16:46:03 BST 2010

Regarding syncing a screenless logger to camera -- good question, i
had overlooked that detail !

On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 2:33 AM, Andrew Errington
<a.errington at lancaster.ac.uk> wrote:
> Capture a POI by pushing the button on the front and take a snapshot at the
> same time?  Would that work?  It assumes that the POI button records a
> timestamp as well as lat/lon.

even it omits timestamp on waypoint , a waypoint marks where on track
a picture was taken, which if you don't pause there too long will be
enough of a hint for geotaging program to get offset manually within
that amount of time.

More reliably, set the camera clock manually from another GPS or from
any other tertiary standard, eg http://Time.gov (or even cellphone
time if the network is known reliable and phone is on Net time in its
settings - my stupid work crackberry was set to drift, i had to reset
it to network time)

--
Bill
n1vux at arrl.net bill.n1vux at gmail.com