[OSM-newbies] Tagging bigger mini-malls, and orthogonality

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 01:53:20 GMT 2010

Hi,

Got a couple of questions that came up from mapping my neighbourhood:

1) The mini-mall shown in the upper part of
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=43.732049&lon=-79.269421&zoom=18&layers=M>
has 20 establishments in it, but only shows nine, five of those with
labels. Given that a seemingly random selection of stores shows up on
the map, is it worth me adding the 28 premises in the mall to the south
of Eglinton Avenue?

2) The two rather squint malls shown at
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=43.727459&lon=-79.265494&zoom=18&layers=M>
were supposed to have right angles, but JOSM's Orthogonalize did this.
Are these really right angles and it's just the projection skewing it?

cheers,
 Stewart