[OSM-newbies] land not rendering

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Wed Nov 24 16:14:11 GMT 2010

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 10:55 AM, Mike Sherman
<mike.sherman at earthlink.net> wrote:
> "Willi" <willis at gmx.de> wrote:
>>
>>Hello Mike,
>>
>>after a change tiles get only rendered when requested. I looked at the area
>>in different zoom levels and subsequently more tiles got rendered.
>
> Funny, I see a more rendered today than yesterday.  But I've been looking
> at the area for 3 weeks now and nothing new was rendered over all that time.
> I was waiting for a re-render.

Your browser might be caching tiles.  If so, you request a portion of
the map, and your browser helpfully says, "I've got those tiles right
here from last week, no need to ask OSM for the same tiles again."  I
get tripped up by this every once in a while.