[OSM-newbies] Fwd: Use of maps

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Thu Nov 25 14:49:55 GMT 2010

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 9:00 AM, SteveC <steve at asklater.com> wrote:

> Steve
> stevecoast.com
> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: Anthony Falla <geckoarts at mac.com>
> Date: November 25, 2010 1:17:41 AM MST
> To: steve at asklater.com
> Subject: Use of maps
>
> Hi Steve
>
> I just want to make sure I would be allowed to do the following as long as I
> credit yourselves.
>
> I am working on a photo book in Brighton and would like to print off certain
> sections of Brighton Street Maps to show where somethings are and then I
> plan to publish it - we could sell 10 books or if lucky more? I am
> registered disabled and only receive benefits as my main source of income
> and hope to sell these books which I do through Blurb (single book
> publishers).
>
> Can I request permission to use these maps? Free of charge?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Anthony Falla

Dear Anthony,

Your request, to use OpenStreetMap in your book, without paying a
licensing fee is permitted by the OpenStreetMap license.   You must
fulfill your obligations under that license. You'll find guidelines in
these links.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Legal_FAQ
http://help.openstreetmap.org/questions/700/publishing-an-openstreetmap

Best regards,