[OSM-newbies] Licensing concerns

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 13:00:50 GMT 2010

Reading through the rules printing a map on a catalog is as I understood it
and as long as we stay in the printed area it seems fairly clear.

However it would seem there are some restrictions on what can be done with
the data which I hadn't fully appreciated until rereading your links and
probably explains why Bing just puts an OSM display as an option.

For example mixing other data in with an OSM map to produce a composite map
might be a problem area and that may have some implications for me.

Anyway for the moment the printed map side is clear and as I understood.  I
think we can safely say that sorting out the electronic side can be ignored
for now.

I really should get out of the habit of putting different ideas together in
a complex way and thinking of future implications.

Thanks for your input.

Cheerio John