[OSM-newbies] Parking lot around building.

James Ewen ve6srv at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 01:52:49 GMT 2010

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 6:35 PM, Donald Campbell II
<donaciano2000 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Couldn't find it in the wiki...  how do I have a building outline in the
> middle of a parking lot area?   If I stick a building in the middle the "P"
> shows up on top of the building, so the area under the building is
> considered parking as well. It doesn't have underground parking so how
> should I do that?

Watch out... I put a parking lot around a building then had people
squawking because "parking lots are only places where the public can
park, or you can pay to park".

I drew an outline around a church where the parking stalls were
located, and that caused a little kerfuffle. All those parking stalls
around the church where parishioners can park aren't parking stalls to
some. I'm not sure what they are, but there were a few people getting
their feathers ruffled about it.

James
VE6SRV