[OSM-newbies] Fixing the Mississippi River

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Fri Sep 2 11:18:27 BST 2011

On 29/08/2011 19:35, Dan Ball wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been tinkering OSM data for the first time over the last week and
> finding my way around. I've stumbled upon something interesting: the
> riverbank of the Mississippi River seems to be missing...

Dan

Welcome

Before tracing parts that seem to be missing it would be worth checking
whether they've been deleted. Edit using Potlatch 1 & press 'U' for
undelete. Any erased data will appear in red.

If it does need adding take al look as this:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:waterway%3Driverbank

if it's your first time I'd  keep the polygon area fairly small. I split
them at boundaries or recognisable elements such as bridges.

Cheers
Dave F.