[OSM-newbies] OSM maps in Mapsource on Windows 7

SomeoneElse lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk
Sun Sep 4 12:02:57 BST 2011

Roger Calvert wrote:
> I have been compiling OSM maps for Garmin MapSource and my GPS
> successfully for some time. But I have just changed from Windows XP to
> Windows 7, and I can't seem to register the maps with MapSource. The
> equivalent registry changes to those in XP seem to have no effect.
> Anyone found the answer to this?

Registry updates in Windows 7 don't always go to where you expect if you
don't run the thing that updates the registry as Administrator.  In the
case of new maps, it'll update your personal area which Mapsource won't
then look at.

If you run whatever it is that you run to add the maps as administrator
(right click the icon and that'll be on the menu) all should be OK.

Cheers,
Andy