[Osm4j] Using Osm4j with SQLite

Sebastian K├╝rten sebastian.kuerten at fu-berlin.de
Tue Jan 22 14:55:26 UTC 2019

Hi Praise,

in gerenal, yes. You can use osm4j to read an OSM file in any of the
standard formats and put it into a SQLite database. Afterwards you
should be able to work on the data in the database with standard tools
such as the SQLite database manager. There is however no module of
osm4j that provides the creation of the database in the standard OSM
database schema for you. Hence you would need to find another library
for this purpose or implement it yourselfe and also implement the code
for inserting the OSM objects into the database. It would certainly make
sense to have such a module (and I do indeed have some internal code
that does exactly that) but I haven't found the time to make it
available as an osm4j module yet.

Best,
Sebastian