[Osmf-talk] Foundation Membership report

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Sat Apr 18 10:48:18 UTC 2009

On 16 Apr 2009, at 21:58, Frederik Ramm wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Mike Collinson wrote:
>> Foundation Working Groups are becoming increasingly active and
>> there is new section on the Foundation member's website http://foundation.openstreetmap.org/working-groups/
>>  for letting you know what they are and what they do.
>
> In addition to those listed in your mail and on that web page, there's
> also the Local Chapters thingie that Nick just mailed about!

Thanks Mike.

Was there not talk of a fund-raising group at one point? I raise this
because I don't thing that directors should be expected to organise
all this in their spare time and I believe we are going to need one to
two paid staff will be needed in the near future.  A lot of the work
will still be done by volunteers going forward but there is stuff that
is just not getting done at present because people are too busy and
probably also because it is boring.

We have proved that we can raise money when asked, but we are not
being asked. Let's raise money to pay people to do the boring stuff.

Regards,

Peter