[Osmf-talk] A bit of a brain dump!

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Mon Aug 3 13:11:31 UTC 2009

On 3 Aug 2009, at 13:05, Nick Black wrote:

> Hi Peter and list,
>>

>> Declaration of Interests. I suggest that people should ensure that
>> they declare in their manifestos any potential conflicts of interest.
>> I note that Nick doesn't mention on his user page that he is a
>> director of CloudMade and that the CloudMade article (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/CloudMade
>> ) doesn't mention that he is a director of the company. Now, I think
>> we all know that he is by now, but I have added this to the election
>> page and I think it is important that we don't make assumptions on
>> this stuff and should be sensitive about this.
>

> This morning I've updated my OpenStreetMap user page with a lot of
> details about my OSM history, my present employment, OSM interests
> etc.  Read all about it here: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Nickb#More_About_Me
>
> I have also updated the OSM wiki CloudMade page (which really did
> need updating) - http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/CloudMade
>
> Would appreciate any feedback this list has about the info on the
> pages - too much / too little / etc.

Much better, thanks. The only requests I would make now are as follows
(details I know):

Could you link to the CloudMade wiki article from the first reference
in the company in your biog.
Could you refer to 'user:steve' as Steve Coast (he is referred to as
user:steve, user:SteveC and also as Steve Coast on different bits of
the wiki which is a little confusing to newcomers).
Could you add your nationality to the Election to the board page.

Btw, I notice that some users have details of membership of the
licensing working group from the election table (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Foundation/AGM09/Election_to_Board
) however if these are mentioned for some candidates then they should
be mentioned for all. So... should we mention all working groups that
candidates  are part of or none? It would be easy enough to add.

Regards,

Peter