[Osmf-talk] 13k OSMF members by end of 2010?

Nick Black nick at blacksworld.net
Tue Aug 4 09:53:27 UTC 2009

On 4 Aug 2009, at 10:41, Andy Allan wrote:

> Frederik Ramm wrote:
>
>> I'm not prepared to agree to anything more than a doubling of
>> membership
>> figures every year
>
> Whilst I agree with the broad thrust of your discussion I disagree
> with
> this. Until recently the OSM community size was doubling approximately
> every 9 months - so I wouldn't support a policy to actively shrink the
> percentage of the community who are osmf members!
>
> I would be interested in seeing (osmf-members)/(active-mappers)
> through
> the years - I suspect the ratio is falling.

Definitely.  Also, look at SOTM.  100 people in the first year when we
had around 10,000 people in OSM and 250 in this year whith 130,000.
Newcomers to OSM are less engaged than older mappers - that worries
me.  To keep a healthy community we need to keep adapting and keep
welcoming new people in.

--
Nick