[Osmf-talk] OSM-F membership growth

Lulu-Ann at gmx.de Lulu-Ann at gmx.de
Tue Aug 11 15:52:22 UTC 2009

Hi there!

I am trying hard to catch up reading all this.

I wonder why there is so much worrying about membership growth.
As long as we don't accidently make the foundation INTERESTING to the OSM contributors, we surely don't need to worry.

So let's think about what advantages to people take from joining.

I got a cheaper ticket for SotM09.
And I want to have a vote about the license change.

Let's see if I can think of other reasons...

.

.o

.o O

. o O  ( )

Well, not yet. Can anybody tell me? Thanks.

By the way, that might be a German expectation, but I did not get any information that my money has reached the foundation, I did not get any kind of membership pass, I did not get access to the voting mailing list (not even after inquiring several times), and the access to this list took weeks.

It does not make me feel very welcome...

So would I recommend the membership and tell 10 friends who tell 10 friends... ? Whatfor?

No, I don't think we need to worry about membership growth at all.

Sorry I am so negative, but I got less than I expected.

Regards
Lulu-Ann