[Osmf-talk] Access to OSM-F membership list WAS Re: [OSM-talk] Status of the Local Chapter working group

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Aug 13 10:23:49 UTC 2009

Hi,

Jochen Topf wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 11:05:06AM +0100, Nick Black wrote:
>> The list of OSM-F members is not available.  This is due to privacy
>> laws in the UK.  The OSM-F is currently finding out about data
>
> Are you sure? I remember seeing something in the Companies Act that says
> that everybody can write to a company and ask for the list of members.

When I brought this up a while ago, 80n replied that there was some
confusion about whether OSMF members are indeed members in the sense of
the Companies Act. (If they aren't, then who elects the board and on
what legal basis?)

If OSMF members *are* members in the sense of the Companies Act then I
believe OSMF has the obligation not only to let anybody see the list of
members (whether that person is themselves member or not), but also to
record the full name and postal address of each member. When we set up a
group of people to examine and possible re-write the Articles of
Association (which, I belive, is a prerequisite for any of the
high-flying plans that have been floated here) this is surely something
they will have to look into.

Bye
Frederik