[Osmf-talk] Access to OSM-F membership list WAS Re: [OSM-talk] Status of the Local Chapter working group

Nick Black nick at blacksworld.net
Thu Aug 13 14:17:10 UTC 2009

The companies act says:

114 Register to be kept available for inspection
(1) A company’s register of members must be kept available for
inspection—
(a) at its registered office, or
(b) at a place specified in regulations under section 1136.

Unfortunately I can't find section 1136 - I'll keep looking.

Talking from a personal and an OSM-F Board member point of view, I
would strongly support the list being downloadable, so long as this
doesn't violate any other legislation.  The Companies Act specifies
things you can and can't do with the membership list - you can't, for
example, give it to another person.  Any request needs to by made to
the company (the OSM-F) directly.

--
Nick