[Osmf-talk] OPENSTREETMAP FOUNDATION - NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING

James Brown jbrown at jwbsystems.com
Sun Aug 16 10:24:59 UTC 2009

I agree.  I think that the best course is to let the electorate decide
in each election.

I'd add that I do not see any real alternative.  If we set a limit on
the number of board seats that people who work for the same company
can hold, do we either:
  a. Prevent more than one person from any company from standing
together (or standing if there is a current board member not up for
reelection)
  b. Wait till the votes are in and then, if we have more than one
elected person from the same company force one to stand down?

And, as just occured to me... What if a board member goes to work,
after they are elected, for the same company as another board member?
Do they stand down?

This really feels to me like something that should just be left to the
desires of the community as expressed in the elections.

Jim Brown -CTO CloudMade

(Sent from my iPhone)
+44 7595 367 664