[Osmf-talk] OSM-F membership growth

Andrew Turner andrew at highearthorbit.com
Tue Aug 18 12:29:25 UTC 2009

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 7:01 AM, Andy Robinson
(blackadder)<blackadderajr at googlemail.com> wrote:
> sotm at livingwithdragons.com wrote:
>>Sent: 11 August 2009 8:20 PM
>>Cc: osmf-talk at openstreetmap.org
>>Subject: Re: [Osmf-talk] OSM-F membership growth
>
> The biggest pain is printing. I've done membership cards as a membership
> secretary before and while it's easy to do a once a year print run of an
> individual card per person it's not so easy to be doing them in ones and
> twos. We would also potential each need a varying size batch of cards
> depending on how much evangelising we do. Perhaps for the evangelising
> approach the little 8-fold handouts and some printed labels would be
> simpler. I'm not after a membership card per se.

I wonder if Moo would be interested in sponsoring the cards. Could be
a huge highlight for them - we could dump a feed to them of the OSM-F,
and a list of 5 GPX traces or areas the Member has mapped. Then
generate an image as the backing of the card. Members would be very
proud to hand out the card that shows their contribution.

Andrew