[Osmf-talk] OSM-F membership growth

sotm at livingwithdragons.com sotm at livingwithdragons.com
Tue Aug 18 17:35:47 UTC 2009

Andrew Turner wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 7:01 AM, Andy Robinson
> (blackadder)<blackadderajr at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> sotm at livingwithdragons.com wrote:
>>
>>> Sent: 11 August 2009 8:20 PM
>>> Cc: osmf-talk at openstreetmap.org
>>> Subject: Re: [Osmf-talk] OSM-F membership growth
>>>
>> The biggest pain is printing. I've done membership cards as a membership
>> secretary before and while it's easy to do a once a year print run of an
>> individual card per person it's not so easy to be doing them in ones and
>> twos. We would also potential each need a varying size batch of cards
>> depending on how much evangelising we do. Perhaps for the evangelising
>> approach the little 8-fold handouts and some printed labels would be
>> simpler. I'm not after a membership card per se.
>>

> I wonder if Moo would be interested in sponsoring the cards. Could be
> a huge highlight for them - we could dump a feed to them of the OSM-F,
> and a list of 5 GPX traces or areas the Member has mapped. Then
> generate an image as the backing of the card. Members would be very
> proud to hand out the card that shows their contribution.
>
> Andrew

I know one of the Moo employees is an OSMer (has turned up to at least 1
London meetup) so I think it would be worth contacting them and
discussing what cool things could be done. Some confirmation would
probably be best, to confirm the member likes the areas and wants the
pictures.
Hmm, thinking to myself Moo seem to like including more sources for
pictures (Flickr, facebook...) and I imagine there are
non-OSM-evangelists that would like a map on their business card (oh if
only there was an online map that linked into Moo without copyright
difficulties!).

Gregory Marler
http://www.livingwithdragons.com