[Osmf-talk] International SotM in Germany / money for membership or what else

Lulu-Ann at gmx.de Lulu-Ann at gmx.de
Thu Aug 20 13:16:41 UTC 2009

SteveC:
> >> come to your German-only German SOTM your planning because you want
> >> your own little empire and fame.
> >
> > Where did you get this from?
>
> You and Frederik.
Jochen:
> > Everybody is of course welcome to the conference
> > we are planning. The conference language will be German, because
> > thats the
> > language that people here in Germany speak. I am sorry that this
> > excludes
> > a few billion people on this planet, but it includes the people in
> > Germany
> > who don't feel as comfortable with the English language. We already
> > have an
> > English language international conference (SOTM) and the one the
> > German
> > community is planning just caters to a different audience.

SteveC:
> So why don't you run an international SOTM?

Steve,

for me you have just prooved how narrow minded you are.
Offering a second language meeting makes the conference more international, not less.
It's not our fault that you don't understand German. It is our effort to speak acceptable English.

--

About money for membership

I don't feel comfortable to change the right to vote for the foundation to how many nodes one has uploaded.
For example, I have spent 9 weeks with a terribly broken leg in front of my laptop working on the wiki without a single track upload, and many developers will support the community aswell without tracks.

How many lines of code or wiki are worth a node?

Sorry, I can not agree that this is easy to measure.

Lulu-Ann