[Osmf-talk] EVERYONE: PLEASE VOTE

SteveC steve at asklater.com
Thu Aug 20 14:52:55 UTC 2009

On 20 Aug 2009, at 05:32, 80n wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 1:05 PM, Nick Black <nick at blacksworld.net>
> wrote:
>> There is nothing illegitimate about such a campaign but it carries
>> the appearance to many people of not acting in good faith.
>
> Not to everyone, in fact, most people on this list and many that
> have contacted me offlist are not questioning the whether we were
> acting in good faith or not.  Most people assume that we were and
> accept that timing was not optimal, but was a side effect of the
> difficulty with payments.
>
> Everybody, no exceptions, who has contacted me off-line has
> expressed doubts about the integrity of this behaviour.
>
> The evidence does not support the assertion that these people had
> been trying, and failing, some time.  The 27 registrations made
> during the period in question were made by 14 separate people.
>
> The fact that this might not be an honourable way to get elected is
> clearly not evident to you.

I think it probably is, though I've not spoken to Nick, like it is to
me that this can be contrived that way. But the point is we come on
here and explain and you just automatically assume we're nasty people,
have big offline discussions about it, and have your own agenda.

It's the usual story.

Yours &c.

Steve